Sunday, March 30, 2008

On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan


On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan, is story of one night in Florence's and Edward's life, Its about couple's experience of culture shift in 60s/70s. both being terrified yet thrilled about the wedding night and story is the journey of how both of them reaching brink of their adulthood and their private worried, shared joy.

Its sexual explicit yet it does touch deep into human emotions and illustrates the difficulties of communication & understanding of what goes in their inner secret world.


ONLY suitable for Adult. Good quick read & travel time killer.

1 comment:

Jane said...

hey there, what did you think of this novel? I ended up really liking it... I like how MacEwan is writing more novella type-stuff now. I think it's a good approach for him because his stories can tend to drag...

Also, I like your blog. I just started a book review blog myself (jane on a high horse). I'd appreciate your comments if you get a chance to stop by.

Keep 'em coming! (your review of "a long way gone" makes me excited to read it - I've been sitting on a copy for almost a year now but it's been bumped to the top of the list)